MAC Of Beauty Collection

Saturday, November 17, 2007


"Beauty has its form, and its mediums. The light and dimensional harmony of two reflective sources: new Beauty Powder/Loose, coordinated with the soft ambient highlights provided by five new Studio Lights. The look: radiant and sculpturesque."

MAC's newest collection, Of Beauty, gives us an array of pearlescent loose powder that provides a sheer, lightly reflective, shimmering iridescent finish to the skin.

You can use the Beauty Powder/Loose ($21 US) in many ways; ideal for highlighting eyes, cheeks and décolletage. There are six Limited Edition colors available:

Dancing Light Creamy gold with white gold reflect
Drizzlegold Fleshy beige with copper and gold reflect
Natural Flare Peachy champagne with white and gold reflect
Sunspill Coral Peach with white and gold reflect
Tenderdusk Soft pink with red and gold reflect
Soft Flame Rich plum with reddish copper reflect

Also in the Of Beauty collection are Studio Lights ($14.50 US), a softly tinted, sheer, reflective, semi-fluid colour used on the under-eye area to help brighten the look of dark circles. Can also be used to highlight and contour key areas of the face. Five Limited Edition colors available:

Skin Lure Soft creamy beige
Ideal Pink Palest pinkish beige
Smoothspice Caramel
Frangipan Pale golden yellow
Sand Soft peachy beige

With all of the beautiful and luminous holiday looks I've seen so far, like the ones from Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown this year, Of Beauty is the perfect way to complete your beauty look this season.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow mac has sooo many collections that I can't keep up! I'm interested in the Studio Lights though. It seems to be like my YSL Touche Eclat but so much cheaper!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never used loose powder before. If MAC makes it, I'll definitely try it! Great blog by the way. :-)

nilla cookie said...

Hey Liz!

I know, MAC is really going over the top with all the collections right now. And they're getting ready to release many, many more!

I stopped by the MAC counter yesterday to look at the Studio Lights too, but didn't get a chance to because it was sooo busy! Note to self: always hit the makeup counters on the weekdays. They're much more attentive :)

Hope you're having a great day!

nilla cookie said...

Hey BGG -

Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad you like the site :)

I've never tried MAC's loose powder either, but at $21 a pop, I think they're definitely a must-try over the higher end brands. I want to try Dancing Light or Natural Flare. Which color catches your eye?

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thank you for stopping by my blog! Wow I am surprised that any one even found it! Now I will definitely be more motivated to keep updating it hehe. Mind if I link you?

nilla cookie said...

Hi Petite -

Thanks for stopping by my site as well and thanks for the link!

Have an awesome Tuesday!