FOTD: MAC McQueen Lipstick - Masque

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I was so excited to receive my goodies from the MAC McQueen Collection in the mail the other day - I ordered the lipstick in Masque and Lipglass in White Magic.

I tried out Masque first; it's a rosy, dirty pink that's pretty in the tube but makes me look pretty pale as a stand alone color. When I apply it on my lips, I don't get total coverage with the first swipe. I have to apply about two layers and then blot my lips together to get an even coverage. The look is slightly too matte for me with just the lipstick on so I applied a little bit of gloss to even out the color and to make me look less like a corpse.


Here's what's on my lips:

MAC Lipstick in Masque, McQueen Collection ($14 US)

MAC Lip Pencil in Whirl ($12.50 US)

Bourjois Effect 3D Ultra Glossy Lipstick in Lilas Romantic 85 ($12 US)

I'm not really sure if this one is going to go in the favorites collection but it could be a lovely color if you layer with other glosses.

I'd love to hear what you thought of the rest of the McQueen Collection.

6 comments:

the Muse said...

i still haven't gotten anything from mcqueen!

You lovely with that neutral/nude shade! Wish I could wear them I always look awful in nudes :(

I really want the shadows and new vegas ;) and maybe the liners! EEP! Choices Choices :)

Karen said...

i like it on you. it's natural yet still very professional looking.

yummy411 said...

wow what a fresh, pretty look on you!

nilla cookie said...

Thanks Muse! If you haven't gotten anything from McQueen, I don't think you're missing much. I just got the lipstick and a lipglass in White Magic :)

nilla cookie said...

Thank you Karen! I normally wear nudes and sheerer shades most of the time :)

nilla cookie said...

Thanks for stopping by, Yummy! I wasn't feeling the fresh look until after I applied some lipgloss over the lipstick. I gotta tell ya, it was lookin' pretty pale! ;)