Beauty Review: Dior Capture Totale

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

As I’ve mentioned, I’m kind of in a skincare kick right now. I want to try any and all things that help prevent the first signs of aging because even though I’m in my late 20s with few wrinkles, I just know I’m going to wake up one day to discover a zillion lines and then curse the gods for not making me take care of my skin sooner!

When I learned that Sharon Stone is the face of Dior’s Capture Totale skincare line, I knew I wanted to try it. If I can look as amazing as she looks right now on the brink of celebrating her 50th birthday next year, I’ll try whatever she’s pushing! So I went to Bloomingdale’s a couple of weeks ago to snoop around the Dior counter and was able to snag a couple of samples to try.

Capture Totale is Dior’s first skincare line that corrects all visible signs o
f aging and helps to preserve your skin’s youthful appearance. The daytime skin regimen consists of their Multi-Perfection Concentrated Serum, which you apply after washing your face; the day moisturizer, Multi-Perfection Crème; and the Multi-Perfection Eye Treatment. Capture Totale’s secret is the patented Alpha-Longoza Complex, based on a rare revitalizing plant grown only in Madagascar – pretty wild!!

The Capture Total Night Ritual is a two-step treatment. Start with the Multi-Perfection Soft Peel to leave skin looking purified, fresh, radiantly renewed and firm. Then follow up with Multi-Perfection Intensive Restorative night crème to deep nourish and repair as you sleep.


I only tried the serum and the day crème for a few days before applying my makeup and I’d have to say that I really liked the texture of both. It’s creamy, pearly, and went on really smoothly. I can’t say if it really works to prevent wrinkles, but I definitely felt moisturized. This Dior line is pretty pricey, the day and night crème and serum start at $115 US each at Nordstrom! If you’d like to try it but aren’t looking to spend over $300 dollars to start this skin regimen, Dior has a holiday set right now with travel sizes of the day and night crème and serum for $123 US.


I don’t know if I’ll switch from my Kinerase Ultimate Day Moisturizer, but we’ll see – never say never!

1 comments:

i♥make-up said...

Dior's skincare line is amazing, my mom swears by it...and she has the most amazing and gorgeous skin ever!!!! <3 <3 <3