Beauty Review: Rimmel Dare to Bare

Friday, November 2, 2007

I recently got a bunch of freebies from Rimmel and I was so excited to try them!

The first thing I tried this morning was the Rimmel Dare to Bare Face and Body Luminizer in Make Me Blush. When I opened the tube and tried to squeeze out a little bit, it came out super watery and not rich or creamy like I thought it was going to be. Especially since the Ulta website described it as a luminous "cream". Hmmm - very suspect.

I also noticed in the top corner of my tube that it said to "shake well". So I shook it up thinking that maybe it had been sitting too long since I did have it in my makeup bag for about a month before I tried to use it today. I opened it up again and tried to squeeze a little more out. Still watery. Now I was really skeptical to put it on my face, but I did it anyway.

I wanted to use it as a cheek highlighter, but since the consistency wasn't creamy like I thought, it didn't work too well. I tried not to rub it in but I couldn't really help it because it was so watery. What was left on my face was this iridescent sheen that was kind of nice but I wasn't really diggin' the consistency and lack of ease while trying to apply it.

I will never put this on my face again and, at best, I will use this on my arms or chest when I want a little sparkle in my life.

Ladies, I wouldn't waste my time with this Rimmel product if I were you, although I hear some of their other products are not too bad. I have some other Rimmel items that I'll be reviewing in the near future. Check back soon!

2 comments:

yummy411 said...

great review! i am two things a mascara fiend and illuminator junkie. thanks for this review. yeh the consistancy will throw me off too and their rimmel underground products are more expensive than the regular products.. not ideal for me in a drugstore =/

nilla cookie said...

I don't often pick things up at the drugstore because I can't test them. I'm glad I got to try this out before I had to pay $7 for it! :)