Foodie Review: Pompei's Grotto

Saturday, September 1, 2007

As you will soon find out, I love food and consider myself an amateur foodie, and I enjoy posting reviews for all to read.

During our stroll today through San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf, we stopped for a quick bite at Pompei's Grotto on Jackson Street. It was late in the afternoon but we still got to take advantage of the lunch menu (gotta love the discounts!). Walking through, watching the bread demonstrations at Boudin's megastore on The Wharf, I had a craving for clam chowder and ordered it in a bread bowl (good enough to satisfy my appetite). My beau had the crab cake sandwich on sourdough that came with a (Yummy!) cabbage slaw - delish! I highly recommend dining here - the atmosphere is unpretentious and not too touristy for the area. The outside dining area on a nice day is great for people watching too.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

0 comments: