Fall Beauty Trend: Metallic Eyes

Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm really excited for fall this year and the subtle metallic makeup is PERFECT because I love colors but I don't wear a lot of makeup so a little shimmer from these metallics goes a long way.

The Makeup Girl got me thinking about the new fall colors when she featured a Bobbi Brown trio on her blog a couple days ago. So I dug around to find some more metallic finds that I'd love to try. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

Laura Mercier's Metallic Créme Eye Colour, $22, comes in beautiful shades of plums and copper this season. What I really love about creme shadows is that you can wear them underneath powder eyeshadows, plum for example, and the color really shines through. Combine the two and purples are more vibrant and the colors are truer to what they look like in their containers. The creme and powder combo is really ideal for long lasting wear and evening. Laura Mercier's line of metallic creme shadow's are long-lasting and waterproof, and that's always a plus.

Shop Laura Mercier's collection of metallic creme shadows now.

0 comments: